Tips for moving. Ideal for Londoners.
Pretty often moving is considered to be a very stressful experience which not a lot of people enjoy. According to research, on average we move homes every 7 years which sums to quite a lot throughout life. And in London, this average can be about 2-3 years. Our team at Smartroom has gathered a few tips to help you guide through this process.
Make a start on working through our checklist and do the things that you can do now straight away:
- Make an inventory of everything that you own. It is a good idea to get an understanding of the scale of your move before you do anything else.
- Get a floor plan of your new home to decide what will go where. You could even mark everything on the plan and make drawings.
- Declutter: Now that you have a clear plan of you have and what you want your new place to be like it is the best time to start to declutter; sort your belongings into sections that you might want to keep, donate, sell or throw away. We are always happy to help you with providing a list of local charities near you.
- Hiring a removal service or a van; will help you if you have a great deal of heavy and valuable stuff to move.
- Make sure to keep some extra self-storage space available in case you will need to downsize your home, or you will be staying at a different place due to moving dates.
- Do not forget about arranging a transfer of doctors, dentists and opticians.
- Find a new school for your children
- Register your pets with a new vet. RCVS has a database of vets near you.
Moving houses should not be stressful if you plan it carefully. Make sure to keep a checklist of different tasks you might need to complete. Work through it step by step, as this might help you save some money by ditching unexpected situations. And remember that Smartroom Self Storage is always here to help. Our services are designed to ensure your checklist is short as possible. We aim to make it as effortless as possible for you. So that you only have one thing to do, which is contact Smartroom.
Please leave us any further questions that you might have and do not hesitate to contact us for any questions and a downloadable moving checklist.